Refurbished smartphone: Yes or no? Buying a refurbished phone is the same as buying a used one, which has nevertheless been substantially refurbished, which allows you to save money interesting figures, even over 200 euros.
For some years now many people, especially technology enthusiasts, have started to buy only refurbished products, as they allow them to access significantly lower prices (even 50%), on practically perfect products.
But agrees really? It depends: if the retailer from which you buy the refurbished smartphone has a good reputation and it is proven that its products are durable, yes.
What qualities must an excellent refurbished smartphone have to be such? First of all, it is necessary to specify that not all are the same; in fact, many retailers rate them, with a word or number from 1 to 10 when they put them back on the market, to indicate their condition. Of course, the higher the grade, the higher the cost and the better the condition.
When a used smartphone is taken to a refurbished retailer, they entrust it to a team of experts who analyze its status and performance. Once the status of the product has been ascertained, the technicians proceed to replace or repair damaged parts that do not meet quality standards. The device is finally sanitized to be then placed in the box with which it will then be sold.
Buying a refurbished smartphone
What to expect if you buy, for example, a smartphone in excellent condition? This should be delivered to us with a complete kit (the original box or a generic one, a charger and headphones, if included), and without any signs of wear such as scratches or dents.
Going down with the quality level, you can find smartphones with light signs of use or small scratches. Once turned on, the refurbished smartphone must work like new, that is to say that it must be fluid in use, not freeze and not discharge after a short time. It must have been reset and consequently the original configuration with which the smartphone leaves the factory must be active.
Finally, it is important to check that a guarantee of at least one year is included with the sale of the product, which allows you to return to the retailer to replace or fix any problems with the smartphone or related to the kit.
Why buy a refurbished smartphone?
One refurbished smartphone is convenient mainly for two reasons, because it is more sustainable and why it has a Great price. It is sustainable because buying it promotes the circular economy, an economy in which products are not thrown away, but refurbished to return to the market. By doing so you are contributing to decrease the environmental impactas a polluting procedure is required to properly dispose of all parts of a smartphone.
How much can you save with a refurbished smartphone?
Secondly there is the affordability: suppose we want to buy a new one iPhonewhat is the difference in price between a product refurbished is one new? Let’s see some examples on the eBay:
|Apple iPhone 12 (128GB)||Refurbished||669.00 euros|
|Apple iPhone 12 (128GB)||New||889.00 euros|
|Apple iPhone 12 Pro (128 GB)||Refurbished||754.00 euros|
|Apple iPhone 12 Pro (128 GB)||New||994.42 euros|
|Apple iPhone 12 mini (128GB)||Refurbished||464.00 euros|
|Apple iPhone 12 mini (128GB)||New||735.88 euros|
Refurbished smartphone: pay attention to the conditions
eBay has its own way of expressing the status of refurbished productswhich help the interested customer to know in detail the condition of the smartphone who is buying, let’s see what the main words are:
- Certified Refurbished: This item is in perfect condition, like new. It has been professionally inspected and cleaned, refurbished by the manufacturer or a manufacturer approved supplier to meet the required specifications. It will be packed in new or original packaging with new or original accessories.
- Excellent – Refurbished: The item shows no signs of use. It is fully functional and has been professionally refurbished, tested, inspected and cleaned by qualified sellers to be in excellent condition. The item includes new or original accessories and can be packaged in generic packaging.
- Very good – Refurbished: the item shows slight signs of wear. It is fully functional and has been professionally refurbished, tested, inspected and cleaned by qualified sellers to be in very good condition. The item includes new or original accessories and can be packaged in generic packaging.
- Good – Refurbished: The item shows moderate signs of wear. It is fully functional and has been professionally refurbished, inspected, tested and cleaned by qualified sellers to be in good condition. The item includes new or original accessories and can be packaged in generic packaging.
The best models of refurbished smartphones
The range of refurbished smartphones available on eBay certainly does not end with these three examples, there are in fact many other models, both Apple and other brands.
If you are interested in learning more, the editors of Money.it has selected some particularly interested. Alternatively, you can press on link below to see directly all refurbished smartphones available on eBay.
- Refurbished Apple iPhone 12 – 128GB, Blue, in certified state
- Refurbished Apple iPhone 12 Pro – 128GB, Graphite, in excellent condition
- Refurbished Apple iPhone 11 – 128GB, Space Gray, in certified state
- Refurbished Apple Iphone XR – 64GB, Black, excellent
- Refurbished Apple iPhone X – 64GB, White, in very good condition
- Refurbished Apple iPhone XS Max – 128GB, Silver, in certified state
- Refurbished Samsung Galaxy S20 5G 128 GB, Pink, in very good condition
- Refurbished Samsung Galaxy S10e – 128GB, Black, in good condition
- Refurbished Xiaomi Mi Note 10, 128 GB, Black, in good condition
- Refurbished OnePlus 8 Pro, 256 GB, Blue, in good condition
Refurbished smartphone: what to pay attention to?
When buy a refurbished smartphone it is necessary pay attention to some factors, such as the reputation of the retailer you buy from. There are indeed many people and businesses online who claim to be trustworthy and sell refurbished products as good as new, however this is not always true.
The best way to find out if the person or company you are buying from is trustworthy is to look for reviews of their products online. Transparency is also important: a qualified retailer is not afraid to be transparent and to communicate the conditions of the refurbished smartphone that you are thinking of buying; if you notice a suspicious or opaque attitude, it is legitimate to have doubts about the dealer’s actions.
#worth #buying #refurbished #smartphone #save
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.