The Brazilian signs the success of the biancocelesti over the rossoblù: now the winner of Juve-Monza
There Lazio snatch the pass for i quarter-finals of the Italian Cupin the round of 16 victory 1-0 on Bologna. At the Olimpico the goal in the first half by Felipe Andersonspoiled by an error by the rossoblu defender Sosa who loses the ball by allowing a Pedro to serve the partner. Milinkovic-Savic came close to scoring several times, Emilians never dangerous. Before the match, a moving reminder of Sinisa Mihajlovicsymbol of both teams.
In the match of the moving memory of Sinisa Mihajlovic, flag of Lazio as a player and of Bologna as a coach, it is the biancocelesti who pass the round of 16 of the Italian Cup and thus fly to the quarterfinals. A goal by Felipe Anderson for Sarri’s men was decisive, spoiled by an error by the opposing defender Sosa. Ready to go and in the 11th minute Milinkovic-Savic headers inaccurately from a corner, then two minutes go by and Zaccagni shoots central after a nice personal percussion from the left, finally the Bologna defender Sosa risks a sensational own goal. However, it was only the appetizer for the Rossoblu’s 4, because the mess arrived in the 33rd minute when Pedro stole the ball from the naive Sosa in the area and served Felipe Anderson for the Biancoceleste 1-0. Bologna’s reaction is all in Orsolini’s shot, too high and from a tight angle. In the second half it was Milinkovic-Savic again and again with a header to come close to scoring at the start, then in the 70th minute Skorupski saved the result from the usual Felipe Anderson. Bologna that fails to react and start the final assault, Sarri’s men manage and get the most out of it with a limited success.
THE MATCH TABLE
• Lazio have passed the round of 16 in all the last 12 editions of the Coppa Italia: from 2011/12 to 2022/23, the biancoceleste is the only team to have always reached the quarter-finals (only Juventus could equal it, busy with the monza tonight).
• Lazio have collected 12 clean sheets in all competitions (10 in Serie A, 1 in Europa League, 1 in Coppa Italia), no Serie A team has done better in 2022/23 (Juventus too at 12).
• Bologna have been eliminated in nine of the last 10 Coppa Italia round of 16 they have played in.
• Bologna have lost three of their four matches played in 2023 (W1), as many knockouts – considering all competitions – as those registered in the last nine matches played in 2022.
• Negative record of shots in a match this season for Bologna (only three attempted): for the second time in 2022/23 the Emilians have not made shots on target (the other in the league against Milan in August).
• Lazio already have three players with at least seven goals in all competitions (Anderson, Zaccagni and Immobile): among Serie A teams, only Napoli (Osimhen, Kvara and Simeone) boast as many capable of having already reached this figure.
• It was since October 2015 (in that case two Serie A matches and one Europa League match) that Felipe Anderson had not scored in three consecutive appearances in the top five European tournaments, considering all competitions.
• Felipe Anderson has already equaled the number of goals (seven) combined in 2021/22 for Lazio in 25 appearances this season (48 appearances in all competitions).
• Felipe Anderson’s fourth goal in the Coppa Italia, three of which came at the Olimpico: the Brazilian scored all four in this competition between December and January.
• Adam Marusic and Felipe Anderson made their 200th and 250th appearances respectively for Lazio when counting all competitions.
#Italian #Cup #LazioBologna #Felipe #Anderson #takes #Sarri #quarterfinals